Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The 2016 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #8

#8 - Jess Lamb and The Factory - End of the Line



I went to a lot of great concerts in 2016. I got to tick off a few bands from my band bucket list, including August Burns Red, Scar Symmetry, and finally Assemblage 23. The latter of those three played a show in Ketucky a few months ago which I could definitely consider one the best of all of them for the year. All of the bands were solid, but the one who made the biggest impact on me was absolutely Jess Lamb and her backing band, The Factory. Jess herself has such a beautiful aura and beautiful persona that we immediately clicked. Her show was absolutely riveting; a mix of soulful pop music mixed with haunting keys and drums. Even though I had came to see Assemblage, I found that Jess + The Factory were the runaway best concert performance in 2016. I'll admit that I felt strongly connected to her after the show, but as a performer she holds nothing back and provides a blueprint for how music really should be done; with all of your heart and soul.

Her set included several songs off of her most recent EP, End of the Line, as well as a fantastic cover of Bill Withers' hit "Ain't No Sunshine". The song that made the biggest impression on me from the set (as well as the EP) was the title track. Most of the songs on the EP revolve around the central theme of loving, and truly all 6 of the songs are fantastic. "End of the Line" jumps out at you with Jess' amazing voice and the pounding drum and bass provided by Warren Harrison and Kasey Williams (aka The Factory). It's just an overwhelming song that will drill right into your soul. I would absolutely recommend checking her out. I'm disappointed in myself for being so unaware of the phenomenal artists coming out of the Cincinnati scene, even though it's just a few short hours from me. Anyways... give this song a spin, grab the EP or give her some love on Spotify.









Title: End of the Line
Artist: Jess Lamb and The Factory
Album: End of the Line





Previous #8s
2015: Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
2014: Sleeper Agent - Waves
2013: Paper Route - Letting You Let Go
2012: Demon Hunter - Dead Flowers
2011: Emmure - Children of Cybertron
2010: 30 Seconds to Mars - Kings and Queens
2009: Jordin Sparks - Battlefield

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I really liked this. I'll be coming back to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude. She's amazing. I told Kelly she would be my next wife. Haha

      Delete