Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It's almost time

As we push through September, I have started the process of cobbling together the major facts for the countdown. For the past 9 months, I've scoured the musical world trying to find the right songs to get me through another year. I've listened to hundreds of albums and thousands of songs, and I am now tasked with the responsibility (hah) of putting together a list of 20 that shaped 2014 for me. I've been going over my list on a weekly (sometimes more frequently) basis, adding and moving around songs to find the perfect order of 20. The best 20, at least as I perceive them.

I have 30+ songs vying for 20 spots (plus honorable mentions). It's important to me, not only as a guide of reference, but as an explanation of my love for music. I've found the songs I need, now I must put them in order.

Here's to the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment