Thursday, November 12, 2015

#tbt - The 2014 Countdown - Where Are They Now? #2

#2 - Morning Parade - Alienation




I love the autobiographical story about this one. Heard it on the way to work and told myself to look it up. First song in the car on the way home. How great is that? From the moment it hit the waves it was destined to reach #1 until the eventual champion was crowed. But what of 2015? This song has gotten such little play, and the only thing I can think of is that the album was so bad that it soured everything for me. It's a shame that any song get such treatment, and in listening to it now I see why I loved it so much.

Buuut... life goes on, I suppose? 2014 of course marked the first year where alt-rock didn't claim the top spot in the countdown, and a rare year where metal didn't take the penultimate spot (2011 being the only other year where it happened).

So yeah. We're close. Reeeeeeeeeal close. I have a lot of work to do. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment