Wednesday, November 3, 2021

October 2021 Recap

 The month of spooking also brought along the return of concerts in regularity, which means local tracks are going to have a boost in the coming months. In October there was 3139 scrobbles, equaling 101 per day. Individually 2317 songs from 1063 artists equally 2.180 per.

Rock reclaimed the top genre, with Classic Rock, Oldies, Soul and 60s taking up the top 5 again. Something tells me those will be the most populous by the end of the year due to work streams. 12pm and 9am were the top two hours, while 1pm and 10am were tied for third.

 

Top Tracks for October

 

10. Children 18:3 - Homemade Valentine

 A late entry to the big show, I've never listened to a lot of Children 18:3 but this one is solid.

 

9. A Tiger Made of Lightning - Little Birds

8. A Tiger Made of Lightning - Exhausted

The ATMoL tank continues to roll.

 

7. '68 - Bad Bite

 YA YA YA YA! How can you top such great riffs and hand claps??

 

6. Teenage Wrist - Taste of Gasoline

5. Manchester Orchestra - Bed Head

4. Gang of Youths - The Angel of 8th Ave.

Three bops that I guarantee you'll see near the top of the Countdown.

 

3. TRVSS - Reset My Head (Live)

2. TRVSS - All The Bugs (Live)

Finally seeing TRVSS really built their numbers up for the month.

 

1. AFI - Beggin' For Trouble

This album is pretty great as well. It's been a surprisingly solid year for albums I'm not expecting.



Top Artists of October 

 

10. Unheilig

I really do enjoy this band - why did I wait so long to listen to them??


9. Anberlin

Comfort food in crazy months.

 

8. Creedence Clearwater Revival

If I'm ever thinking "what album should I listen to?" then usually something from CCR pops into my head. So good.

 

7. A Tiger Made of Lightning

6. The Broken Relics

I saw ATMoL in October and I'm about to see The Broken Relics next week. It's great to have local music back.
 

5. Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Little known fact perhaps, but TSO has a Halloween album to go with their Christmas trilogy. And other music, too! They're amazing. A year-round experience, truly.

 

4. TRVSS

I tell you what, kind of like many of the other locals - if TRVSS had more songs, they'd have more scrobbles. They're just outstanding.

 

3. Cold

The top dogs looking to reclaim their throne here in 2 months.

 

2. The Beatles

How high will the Beatles be by the end of this year? Even with listening to oldies all day at work, I'd be intrigued to see if any make it really high.

 

1. Curse of Cassandra

Spooky band for spooky month. Easy as that.

 


Thanks to Last.FM and The Universal Scrobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment