Thursday, February 20, 2014

Stuck in my head: February




Eddie Money is a mixed bag for me. He's not at all a good singer, and except for this song and "Two Tickets to Paradise", I've never really cared for his music. But I respect the heck out of him for his songwriting talent and sax playing. And maybe almost Billy Ray-esque hair. But this song is so powerful, it's hard to ignore the man.

One of the most amusing things about this jam is the inclusion of Ronnie Spector and the reference to the Ronettes song "Be My Baby". If you wanna talk about annoying voices and oldies, there you go. It's a clever love song, but her voice is really something else. And I really don't mean that in a good way.

But, every year that I can remember, there comes a time where I hear this song and it sticks with me for several months. And the most recent occurrence happened to be in February of 2014. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment