Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stuck In My Head: March Special

Well well well. What a month for musical discovery.

-------------------


Cadets are a fairly new band that have been releasing songs every full moon this year. I'm really digging the feel of this song. I'm still 50/50 on the singers voice, but I like their approach to artistic flair.

------------------



I first heard this song in the car a few weeks ago. I heard it in the morning and told myself that I had to find out who sang that song. I heard it again on my way home and learned that it was my old friends from Morning Parade, who had the hit #17 with "Headlights" in 2012. I didn't care for that CD but I loved that song. This song might be 10x better. We'll see.
------------------





This is the first song I've heard this year that I truly believe might finish at #1. The above two are great, and probably top 10 material, but holy wow. Matthew Hemerlein, aka Lo-Fang is really something else right here. I picked up the disc but I can't get past this song.  I hate to use a James Blake comparison, but this song hauntingly reminds me of Wilhelm Scream.
-----------------




Are you kidding me, Mr Foster? This song is leaps and bounds better than anything off their self-titled disc. I cannot wait to give "Supermodel" a spin. This song has been in my head ever since the single was first released, but now that the CD is out, I've become obsessed with it. Wow.



There's also a new Demon Hunter CD sitting here that I haven't even looked at. Goodness, I need to get down to listenin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment