Tuesday, October 8, 2019

August Recap

In August, we saw a new low for scrobbles in a month, with only 1604, an average of 51.74 per day. It's interesting to say *only* 51 per day, because I also listen to 40 or so hours of muzak every week, and whatever else I listen to in the car or house. The vast and overwhelming majority of what I listen to (outside of work) is through Spotify, and so that is our count. Anyways, that's 693 artists rocking out 1285 unique tracks. Top genre? Rock, of course, followed by Synthpop and Futurepop this month. The top listening hours were 10p-11p followed by 11p-12a and 12p-1p.


Top 10 Songs of August 

10. Frozen Plasma - Age after Age
I've never been a huge Frozen Plasma fan, but it seems like any fime I almost forget them, they sneak back with another banger.

9. Blindside - Gravedigger
It's been a few months since this song dropped, and now I'm dying in anticipation for more new Blindside. The fact that they literally fell off the face of the map for several years, only to suddenly resurface with this majestic track blows my mind.

8. Lifehouse - Hanging By A Moment
Surprised? Me too. Sometimes a great song just comes back.

7. The Head and the Heart - Missed Connection
TH+TH are a countdown veteran looking to make a run on 2019 after a brief hiatus. Is this the jam?
 

6. VNV Nation - The Farthest Star
5. VNV Nation - Armour
4. VNV Nation - Only Satellites
There's your synthpop, your futurepop, and your complete lack of surprisepop!

3.  Phoenix - J-Boy (Record at Spotify Studios)

1t. The Broken Relics - Where The Creatures Roam
1t. Smith and Thell - Forgive Me Friend

Two songs making a push for the top spot at the year end countdown. Which will end up on top? We're just a few months away from finding out.


Top Artists of August

10. The Head and The Heart
Finally got around to listening to that new album. I wouldn't say I loved it, but there was some promise.

9. The Broken Relics
Back in after taking some time away. Still a great record, months later.

8. Curse of Cassandra
Still riding that wave after seeing them live two months ago.

7. Bastille
Early in August I was sitting in my chair, playing Borderlands, and I though to myself, huh, I wonder what Bastille is up to. Apparently they make a pretty good Spotify station.

6. Apoptygma Berzerk
5. Assemblage 23



The usual suspects on a synth-heavy month.

4. Tourist Trap
I did an album review for these guys. Not bad, not my favorite but not bad.

3. Cold
The new album was just around the corner in September.

1t. VNV Nation
1t. Slipknot
Well, VNV you saw in the top 10 songs, just kicking down every door. Slipknot dropped a new record and it got a few rotations for me. Will it be in the year end countdown? Stay tuned!!

Thanks to Last.FM for all of the stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment