Friday, July 1, 2022

April 2022 Recap

 Back to where we should be for the month of April, with 2558 scrobbles, an average of 85 per day. For what it's worth, in the nearly 5 years of accumulating data, I've averaged just over 76 scrobbles per day, so anything in that range feels right. 1005 artists ran off 2014 individual songs, making for an average of just over 2 per. Top genres were Rock, Classic Rock, 80s, Pop, and Alternative Rock, while the top 3 hour blocks were 9-10pm, 10-11a and 12-1p. 


Top Songs for April

10. The Frozen Ocean - Hudson's Dream

9. Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon

8. forever unknown - sad people, blue eyes

7. Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark

6. Boston - More Than A Feeling

5. The Cure - A Letter to Elise

4. The Benjamin Gate - How Long

3. Purity Ring - heartsigh

2. Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down

1. The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound


As you can see, April was heavy on the theme of loss. One of my favorite residents passed away at the beginning of the month and it weighed heavily on me for several days, influencing most of what I listened to for the entire month. Sometimes it comes and goes like that. Sad songs love to reign supreme in my life, as it is.


Top Artists for April

10. Sevendust

9. Cold

8. lvl

7. The Frozen Ocean

6. Assemblage 23

5. VNV Nation

4. Demon Hunter

3. fun.

2. Purity Ring

1. Voltaire


You've got the usual suspects and a couple artists whose classic albums I was revisiting. It's been a big year for Voltaire-ing, and I think it's simply there there is great comfort found in his music for me. I've also been exploring my industrial roots from the 90s, so artists like lvl continue to pop up. 


Thanks again to Last.FM for the boost of statkeeping - keep up the great work over there folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment