Tuesday, July 20, 2021

April 2021 Recap

 April! Scrobbles were up 47% from last month's drop off, generating 2972 unique listens, an average of 99 per day. 2066 individual tracks from 999 artists, equalling 2.068 per. 

Top genres were Rock, Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, Soul, and Oldies. Top hours were 9am, 1pm and 8am. 


Top Tracks for April

 

10. Sam Cooke -  (What A) Wonderful World

For my money, this song will always be one of the greatest compositions of all time. 

 

9. Ricky Nelson - Garden Party

I honestly know so little about Ricky Nelson other than his great voice. I should do more digging.

 

8. Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues

There are millions of guitarists around the world trying to duplicate the brilliance of the riff on this song. Not bad for a song released 63 years ago.

 

7. Echo Image - Walk My Mind

This might just end up being my #1 song on the J1 Top 20 this year. It has rocketed off to a huge start in its first two months.

 

6. Wings - Band on the Run

Such a tremendous song... I can't think of many songs that segue from one part to another so seamlessly and perfectly.

 

 

5. Parralox - Eye in the Sky

 I accidentally fell into this song messing around with covers and remembering that Parralox had some bopper electronic versions of songs that seemed unlikely. This one truly came out of nowhere.

 

4. Cold - Cure My Tragedy

The emotional rollercoaster of this month's most played songs is somewhat troubling, although it was nice to finally take off the N95 and face shield.

 

3. Eagles - Take it Easy

Yes, I'll take "Prevalent Oldies" for 200, Alex.

 

2. Teenage Wrist - Earth is a Black Hole

 The battle for top song will be tight this year, but I'd say Teenage Wrist has already run away with top album.


1. Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down

...same as it ever was...



Top Artists for April


T10. Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Marvin Gaye

Oldies, oldies, oldies. This is an accurate spelling of a good oldies mix for me. Lol


9. Mudvayne

Mudvayne is (apparently) BACK! At least, for some concerts. New music? Who knows.


8. Sam Cooke

Any time I listen to oldies, I mean real oldies, Sam Cooke is there.


7. Rammstein

At the end of the month, I had an urge to splurge on some tanz-metal. Not just R+, but they were prevalent.


6. Alice in Chains

A few weeks into April, I was thinking about how I really hadn't given AIC's post Layne records a fair shake. I figured it was a good time to revisit. I still don't love them but I liked them better than I remembered.


5. Anberlin

With Anberlin doing a new stream every month, they are engraving their names in the top 10 artists for each month.


4. Chris Cornell

3. Soundgarden

2. Audioslave

Even though Cornell Forever is in May, I was really feeling him in April this year.


1. Cold

...s... same as it... ever was?


Thanks to Last.FM and The Universal Scrobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment