Monday, July 19, 2021

February 2021 Recap

 I'm late, I know.


February! The shortest month of the year still accrued 2329 scrobbles, which is 3 more per day despite being 7% less than last month. Played back to back it would cover 6 days and 8 hours. 1762 tracks from 840 artists, good for 2.098 per track. 

 

Top 5 genres were Rock, Classic Rock, Oldies, Pop and 60s. The top 3 were unchanged from last month, while 9am, 8am and 12pm were the most popular hours. 



Top Tracks for February 

 

10. Don Henley - The End of Innocence

You know it's an emotional month if this song is in the top 10

 

9. Cold - End of the World

...then again, maybe it was an angry month? Nah, it was just a very Cold heavy month.

 

8. Bobby Darin - Beyond the Sea

I really don't think Bobby Darin gets enough credit among the old great crooners.

 

7. Avril Lavinge - I Don't Give A Damn

 6. Avril Lavigne - Fall to Pieces

 Yeah, well, sometimes you fall back on your old crushes. I don't know where Fall to Pieces came from, but IDGAD was what started the Avril nostalgia. 

 

5. The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic

One of those great old earworms that overtakes your mind when you hear it.

 

4. The Cars - You Might Think

At some point, I just started listening to this one on repeat.

 

3. Crowded House - Something So Strong

 A popular karaoke staple, and since I couldn't sing karaoke in February, I just belted it out for myself.

 

2. Common Children - Strange Rain

 I can't remember what specific day it was, but it was raining and I was playing my Rainy Days playlist, and this song smacked me like a ton of bricks at lunch time.

 

1. Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down

Last year's king looking to reclaim his crown!


Top Artists for February

10. The Monkees

Just one of those months, I guess. Sad and happy, happy and sad, all over the place.


9. Foo Fighters

I'm not gonna say I love the new FF album, but it has a few good tracks on it. Not bad, for sure.

 

8. Fats Domino

Is there ever a bad time for Fats? Or the Big Bopper? Just feels right in the oldies factory.

 

7. Colony 5

Still riding that Colony 5 high. I just wish they had more music to discover.


6. Switchfoot

I got to see SF to an anniversary livestream for The Beautiful Letdown and I had somehow forgotten how much I loved that record.

 

5. The Frozen Ocean

I think the most interesting thing about pandemic-times is the random artists that I just want to binge on.

 

4. Common Children

Still as good as they were in the 90s, and still criminally underrated.

 

3. Anberlin

Two great livestreams this month, with both Anberlin and Switchfoot rattling my brains. 

 

2. Avril Lavigne

Once she sucked me in, I was all locked up. It's like I was a soph in high school all over again, lol.

 

1. Cold

The big dogs are swinging heavy in 2021.



Thanks to Last.FM and The Universal Scrobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment