Wednesday, July 21, 2021

May 2021 Recap

 A new month, another strong showing of scrobbles. Lots of time at work to spend listening, but also a lot of time spent outside enjoying the weather now that things have started opening again. 3217 scrobbles, equaling a hearty 104 per day, and 8 days 14h worth of music. 1120 artists doing 2407 individual songs, an average of 2.149 per artist. 

Rock, Oldies, 60s, Soul and Alternative Rock continued their runs as the top genres. 12pm was the most prolific hour, just edging by 9 and 10am. Nothing really jumped out as a time where there were a heavier amount of songs being played, which is somewhat unusual.


Top Tracks for May

So here's a fun sidenote... there were 21 songs tied for 8th this month. Highly unusual.... so I guess I'll have to flip some coins for where they land. 

Random spin initiated... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

T8. Sam Cooke - Chain Gang

There were actually 4 Sam Cooke songs tied at 8, including Twistin' the Night Away, Wonderful World and Bring It On Home To Me. A good week for soul.

T8. Cold - Insane

Amusingly, there were also two Cold songs, along with Sad Happy. I love the self-titled love, though.

T8. Argyle Park - Leave Me Alone

The angstier I feel, the more I listen to Circle of Dust and Argyle Park.


7. The Wallflowers - One Headlight

Feels like every time I flipped on a playlist that wasn't oldies, this song popped up. It's the one I want played at my funeral. lol


6. Teenage Wrist - Earth is a Black Hole

The TW assault continues. This album is better than anything I've heard in the last two years.

 

5. Oomph! - Tausend Neue Legend

Fell back in love with Oomph while working in the garage in May. This song is a thousand hammers, for sure.


4. Carole King - So Far Away

Boy, you couldn't pick two more disparate songs to come back to back, huh?


3. beabadoobie - Last Day On Earth

This one came out of nowhere. I was looking at our local alt station's playlist and suddenly I was listening to it on repeat.


2. Bill Haley and His Comets - See You Later, Alligator

Bill Haley was just fun, fun music back then. I wish I could've lived in the days where this was the norm.


1. Teenage Wrist - Taste of Gasoline

The opening track off of this record hits harder sometimes. It's a bit poppier but it slams just the same.



Top Artists for May

T11. Johnny Cash
T11. KMFDM

Oh, sure, two artists from complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Why not? Lol. So many ties this month, what gives??


9. Audioslave

I mentioned Cornell Forever last month, and so here we are. I'd expect the other two to be here as well.


8. Anberlin

Anberlin is red hot in 2021 for me. I mean, they always are, but just the same. The flame is continually fed.


7. Sam Cooke

I genuinely thought Sam would be higher this month.

 

6. Argyle Park

See above for angst.


5. Cold

Cold was way ahead the last two months, but slid back a little. They still have a massive lead on the year, unsurprisingly.

 

4. Chris Cornell

For whatever reason, there's always a time for Soundgarden and Audioslave in my daily life, but not usually his solo work. Not because it isn't great, it just doesn't fit into the nooks and crannies of my normal day to day operations.


3. Evanescence

In anticipation of their new album, Amy + Co got some spins in May.

 

2. Oomph!

Oomph actually almost landed at #1, which would have been a massive surprise...

 

1. Soundgarden

...considering it was Cornell Forever month. Still, there was just 3 scrobbles between the two.



I'm almost caught up, lol

 

Thanks to Last.FM and The Universal Scrobbler.


No comments:

Post a Comment