Thursday, December 5, 2013

2013 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #16

16 - Colossus - Beacons



Following in the metallic footsteps we find the band Colossus, whose sound lives up to their name (as stated on their Facebook page). All props to the FB group "Christian Metal Kingdom" for turning me on to this band. I'm sure I would have stumbled across them eventually, but I found this song right when I needed it. I was absolutely cut to the core by the line "All I am is a broken promise; don't let me disappoint you again. Every sin is another nail in the cross, why do I do this to you? Why do I do this to myself?" Just wow. Absolutely crushing. "Beacons" begins with a soaring opening riff before the trademark "chugga" sets in.

The first song that turned me to this band, however was a track called "Transgressor" The album's title is "Time and Eternal", and it's packed with crushing metal from top to bottom. Prepare to de-tune your senses! The only downside is that it's only 10 tracks and 31 minutes worth of music, but it's well worth a half an hour of your time. Colossus made many waves in the Christian metal scene and hopefully will follow with another pounding album. I am eagerly anticipating their next release. Of course, you know that any band signed to Facedown is going to crush you.




Title: Beacons
Artist: Colossus
Album: Time and Eternal

Previous 16s
2012: Imagine Dragons - It's Time
2011: Amaranthe - Hunger
2010: Gorillaz - Superfast Jellyfish
2009: Chris Isaak - We Let Her Down

No comments:

Post a Comment