Sunday, December 21, 2014

Conclusion

Well, what a great year for music. I did my best to diversify my listenings this year. But in the end, we found so many good albums from so many good bands. I'm not going to dig through all the specifics, but here's the final 20.


20. I, The Breather - Swine:Cult (ft Ricky Armellino)
19. Destiny Potato - Take A Picture
18. Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better
17. Foster the People - Coming of Age
16. Winds of Plague - Say Hello To The Undertaker
15. Five Iron Frenzy - I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge
14a. Weird Al - Handy
14b. Weird Al - Foil
13. Beartooth - Beaten In Lips

12. Walk The Moon - Shut Up and Dance
11. Meg Myers - Desire
10. Cut Copy - We Are Explorers

9. Aurelio Voltaire - Captains All
8. Sleeper Agent - Waves
7. Impending Doom - Hellhole
6. Lo-Fang - When We're Fire
5. Chvrches - The Mother We Share
4. Eye of the Enemy - The Shift
3. Future Islands - Seasons
2. Morning Parade - Alienation
1. Cadets - A Drop in the Ocean



There are a few albums I'd like to mention, though. Weird Al's "Mandatory Fun" was tremendous in both it's hilarity and in Al's sincere desire to be amazing. Anberlin finished their career strong with "Lowborn", while Lo-Fang and Chvrches soared with "Blue Film" and "The Bones of What You Believe" respectively. Van Canto proved that their odd mix of a cappella hero metal is still a force in the musical community with "Dawn of the Brave". Slipknot ("Vol .5") and Pantokrator ("Incarnate") kept the metal going strong, even after significant breaks. King 810 brought one of the darkest, most hate filled record I've seen in many years with "Memoirs of a Muderer". It's so scary, it's awesome. "Lazaretto" by Jack White surprised me in a good way, while In Flames' "Siren Charms" disappointed me the worst of all. Even Body Count's "Manslaughter" had me nodding my head and feeling Ice-T's vibe.

All in all, a great year, and there are already late 2014 entries that I hope to find in 2015. Thanks again for joining me on this journey.

-Jester

No comments:

Post a Comment