Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The 2014 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #11

#11 - Meg Myers - Desire

There are many things I could write about this song. But it goes without saying that this is the sultriest, sexiest song to ever reach the countdown. But Meg Myers doesn't have to be writhing around on her bed singing about all the great and terrible things she wants to do with me to achieve that. It's the voice. The voice, the eyes, the everything. The entire EP (all 4 amazing songs) showcase Myers' unique sultry voice and clever perspective on life and love. But it is "Desire" that the entire world is focusing on, so here we are.

Honestly, I've had half a year to compose some great paragraph about what to say about "Desire", and I've got next to nothing. But here are the facts: Meg Myers wants to feel me in her bones. She wants to kill me; specifically to skin me with her tongue. She wants to break me, tear into my soul and throw me to the hounds. So why am I (along with millions of others) so turned on? Seriously. This is the hottest song I've ever listened to, and all that sex is oozing over a bass guitar that threatens to set the entire affair on fire. If that wasn't enough, Meg is screaming "How do you want me?" over and over again. And just to make sure you're blown away, there's a screaming guitar solo at the end. That's all I've got. I can't handle it any more. Whew.







Title: Desire
Artist: Meg Myers
Album: Make A Shadow


Previous #11s
2013: Vampire Weekend - Diane Young
2012: Swimming With Dolphins - Sleep To Dream
2011: Power Quest - Glorious
2010: Taio Cruz - Dynamite
2009: Kings of Leon - Use Somebody

No comments:

Post a Comment