Thursday, December 1, 2022

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #20

 #20. Halestorm - The Steeple


Title: The Steeple

Artist: Halestorm

Album: Back From the Dead

 

I wasn't a huge fan of Halestorm when they first came out - in fact, I felt like they were just going to be a flash in the pan. But they have steadily grown on me since their 2nd album dropped and Back From the Dead might be their best offering yet, with hits like "Strange Girl", "Back From the Dead" and "I Come First". The album landed at 36 in the US and #2 in the Hard Rock charts while hitting #9 in the UK. Lzzy Hale is a true rock queen, a warrior for women's rights and a mental health champion, and I admire the hell out of her. I wish more bands had a sound more like theirs these days, but at the end of the day this song just flat out rocks. 


Favorite Line: "A choir's singing in my heart today, like a thousand angels breaking the silent parade. To the ones I call my own, I'm back where I belong."





Last five #20s:

2021: Grabbitz - Pigs in the Sky
2020: Seether - Dangerous
2019: Vampire Weekend - Harmony Hall
2018: Ghost - Dance Macabre
2017: Liam Gallagher - Wall of Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment