Thursday, December 8, 2022

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #13

#13. Judah & the Lion - scream!


Title: scream!
Artist: Judah & the Lion
Album: Revival



I can say without a doubt that I never, ever expected Judah & the Lion on the Top 20. I've never liked any of their music, I don't care for their style or their attitudes, and even though my best friend Tessa has tried to get me into them over the years, it has never really stuck. But, if you give me a new song and tell me I should listen, I absolutely will. That's where this one comes in. It's a very simple arrangement with an extremely relevant lyrical message about holding on in the midst of the chaos of the world. It doesn't hurt that Judah keeps screaming "Lonely!" on every chorus. I feel you dude. I still couldn't make it all the way through the album, but this is a genuine jam. It got me through some rough times at the end of the year and is definitely worth a #13 showing.


Favorite line: "Lonely - this planet tends to get so woe-is-me, and 'round and 'round we go, so hold me..."

 


 

Previous five #13s

2021: The Dirty Nil - Blunt Force Concussion
2020: Slimfit - Pineapple Pizza
2019: Vesperteen - Operate
2018: Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
2017: Greeley Estates - Calling All The Hopeless

No comments:

Post a Comment