Tuesday, December 6, 2022

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #15

 #15. TRUSS - Drown


Title: Drown
Artist: TRUSS
Album: Reset My Head


TRUSS returns to the Countdown after landing at #6 back in 2020 with "All The Bugs". The band took all of their original material from their live EP, added two fantastic new ones and packaged it all together with a ton of polish for their debut studio EP Reset My Head. The album is gritty and punching, just like a real life TRUSS show, and ends with the emotional "Drown", a song that resonates heavily with the suicidal voices that have plagued my entire life. At one point, singer Hannah Crandall continuously utters "I need to clear my head!" as the guitars build to a crescendo. This is a band that I feel has an incredibly bright future.


Favorite line: "You might think it's enthralling, but it's nothing special - clearing out what I had been through my shedding skin"

 

 
 

Previous five #15s:

2021: AFI - Begging for Trouble
2020: The Unlikely Candidates - High Low
2019: Syrian - We Are Stars
2018: Plushgun - Lukewarm
2017: Ex-Nihilo - Enemy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment