Sunday, December 11, 2022

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #10

 #10. Andy Mineo - Been About It (ft Lecrae)


Title: Been About It
Artist: Andy Mineo ft Lecrae
Album: Never Land II


I've really tried to rediscover my love for rap/hip hop the last few years. The old school hip-hop that I grew up listening to every Saturday night on Planet HipHop and the music that is released in 2022 are two completely different products - so different that it's almost incorrect to label them as similar. Even with that in mind, there are still a LOT of good rappers making solid music that are still singing about relevant topics, and both Andy Mineo and Lecrae are two that I really respect in the genre. Granted, this song is 90% Andy with 'Crae just echoing a word here and there, but the beat on this song is phenomenal and there aren't a ton of distracting frills in between. The song clocks under 2.5 minutes and gives you a different treat with each bar. 116 Clique has so many great artists on their roster and I love finding more and more from them.


Favorite line: "They doin' nothin', got a lot to say. How you never had COVID, you still got no taste?" and "I went vegan for the weekend now I'm back to beef and broccoli"


 

Previous five #10s:

2021: Echo Image - Walk My Mind
2020: Loathe - Two-Way Mirror
2019: Fit For A King - When Everything Means Nothing
2018: The Night Game - The Outfield
2017: The National - Carin at the Liquor Store

No comments:

Post a Comment