Saturday, December 10, 2022

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #11

 #11. The Weeknd - Gasoline


Title: Gasoline
Artist: The Weeknd
Album: Dawn FM


Every once and a while, a really big popstar ends up on the J1 Countdown. Even though I'm not a fan of the direction that pop music has taken, there are still really good artists making top notch music, and so The Weeknd breaks in at #11 this year. I enjoyed his performance at the Super Bowl a few years ago and I think he generally puts out decent music at the end of the day. Although I didn't enjoy the album that much, I liked the concept for the Dawn FM record, and every time "Gasoline" came on the radio and on my playlists, I couldn't help but sing along when it came to the chorus. The record itself landed at #1 in 12 different countries, and although "Gasoline" wasn't officially released as a single, it still worked its way up to #29 on the Billboard Hot 100.


Favorite line: "And if I finally die in peace, just wrap my body in these sheets, and pour out the gasoline... it don't mean much to me"

 



 
 
 
 

Previous five #11s:

2021: The Birthday Massacre - The NeverEnding Story
2020: Nightwish - Harvest
2019: Demon Hunter - The Negative
2018: Power Quest - No More Heroes
2017: Haim - Want You Back

 

No comments:

Post a Comment