Friday, December 2, 2022

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #19

#19. Bad Omens - Like A Villain

 

Title: Like A Villain

Artist: Bad Omens

Album: The Death of Peace of Mind


It's always interesting seeing the twists and turns that a Top 20 Countdown will take. Sometimes it's songs from bands I love, and sometimes it's an artist I don't care for from an album I didn't even like. It only takes one, right? I honestly haven't listened to a lot of Bad Omens in my life because I usually can't get too far into their songs, but the moment the chorus of this song hit, I knew I was in love. The lyrics hook me in and the passion in singer Noah Sebastian's voice resonates deep within me. The album landed at #2 on the US Heatseekers chart and #11 on the US Hard Rock chart as well.


Favorite Line: "I don't wanna know all your secrets cuz I'll tell - it's hard enough being alone with myself. I don't know how long I'll be holding on."



 

Last five #19s:

2021: Royal Blood - Typhoons
2020: The Broken Relics - Goodbye Tennessee
2019: Sigrid - Sucker Punch
2018: Rick Springfield - In The Land of the Blind
2017: The Head and The Heard - Rhythm & Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment