Sunday, December 4, 2022

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #17

 17. Grumpy Plum - I Don't Care


Title: I Don't Care
Artist: Grumpy Plum
Album: I Don't Care single


The first Ohio entry to this year's Countdown comes from Cleveland's Grumpy Plum. The slop-pop trio released an EP in the summer of '21 and followed it up with two standalone singles featuring their new lineup, including the acerbic and abrasive "I Don't Care". At 1:23 it is the 2nd shortest song to ever land on the Countdown, but not a single second is wasted on this anthem to a terrible relationship. It's actually good that the song is so short, because you're gonna want to rewind back several times to catch each of singer Tallulah Swasey's brilliant barbs. Zing, zing, zingers.



Favorite line: "You can block me and forget me, I upgraded to a cat"




Previous five #17s: 

2021: Porter Robinson - Look at the Sky
2020: Corduroy Brown - To My Younger Self
2019: SYML - Clean Eyes
2018: Superorganism - Everybody Wants To Be Famous
2017: Tinashe - Flame

No comments:

Post a Comment