Saturday, December 3, 2022

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #18

#18. The Foxies - Overrated

 

Title: Overrated
Artist: The Foxies
Album: Who Are You Now, Who Were You Then?


The first time I heard The Foxies, I knew I loved Julia Lauren Bullock's voice and delivery. I just get so tired of the mumbly, whispery female singers that have over-saturated the radio, so when I hear signers like that (or Aimee Interruptor) I get excited. Their album just dropped in September and has a few bonafide bops that might make their way into the 2023 Countdown, but the lead single "Overrated" was what caught my ear in '22. Fun, upbeat, and talking about someone who immediately wants too much out out of a relationship. I can only hope their live show is as energetic as the video for this song.



Favorite Line: "One day you will wake up and the things that made you happy make you numb - is that really living now?"




 
 

Last five #18s:

2021: Daymare - Control
2020: Little Hurt - Alaska
2019: James Truslow - Overwhelmed
2018: The Raquels - Just a Txt
2017: Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness - Fire Escape

No comments:

Post a Comment