Wednesday, December 14, 2022

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #7

 #7. Best Foot Back - Give It A Go

 

Title: Give It A Go
Artist: Best Foot Back
Album: Give It A Go single


One of the last real interviews I did with Music in Motion last year was with Michael from Best Foot Back, who was just about to release their newest single. The band had plans to record new music in 2022 but it never materialized, making "Give It A Go" their most recent contribution to the sonic world. Although the song was released at the end of the autumn season, it definitely feels like a song that you'd be blaring while cruising in the summer. I had a hard time not cranking it up every time it came on one of my playlists. Every now and then I come across a song that just feels binge-worthy, and this was one of them - all the way up to the #7 spot this year.

Hint... this won't be the last local song on the Countdown, either...


Favorite line: "Hit the lights for my solo - better be in the front row. Stepping out of your shadow - breaking out on my own. Now I know I'm okay by myself so, I'm givin' it a go."

 

 


 

Last five #7s:

2021: '68 - Bad Bite
2020: King Princess - Ohio
2019: Cold - Shine
2018: Jukebox the Ghost - Everybody's Lonely
2017: Cold War Kids - Can We Hang On?

No comments:

Post a Comment