Friday, December 8, 2023

The 2022 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #13

#13. Meet Me @ The Altar - Say It (To My Face)


Title: Say It (To My Face)
Artist: Meet Me @ The Altar
Album: Past // Present // Future


A band that feels like a late 90s pop-rock throwback mixed with a punky sound and bizarre aesthetic, Meet Me @ The Altar was one of the more pleasant musical discoveries I made this year. The first time I heard this song I knew I wanted more from the band, and their newest album Past // Present // Future was one that I genuinely enjoyed listening to (and laughing at) in 2023. "Say It (To My Face)" calls out the keyboard warrior culture that attacks everything popular and interesting with grace and attitude. It's a fun song that drives a good point home about judging others.


Favorite line: "It's so obvious - you really need some attention - hope you're having fun."

 

 


 


 

Previous five #13s

2022: Judah & the Lion - scream!
2021: The Dirty Nil - Blunt Force Concussion
2020: Slimfit - Pineapple Pizza
2019: Vesperteen - Operate
2018: Marshmello & Bastille - Happier

No comments:

Post a Comment