Thursday, December 7, 2023

The 2023 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #14

 #14. Beck - Thinking About You

 

Title: Thinking About You
Artist: Beck
Album: Thinking About You single


I'll always remember one of our local DJ's saying "There are two types of Beck albums - happy Beck and sad Beck". Whatever his secret is, the man has been putting out quality music for over 3 decades now and shows no sign of stopping. "Thinking About You" definitely qualifies as a sad and mournful song, and it was right around the time that my best friend died that it came out. It resonated heavily with my soul and is almost painful for me to listen to at the moment, but it was definitely in heavy rotation for a short while and figures to be played a lot more going forward.



Favorite line: "Forty roses couldn't cover my grave - no cross and rosary for my soul to save. Want to believe in something - it don't even have to be true."

 

 


 

 


Previous five #14s:

2022: The Regrettes - Anxieties (Out of Time)
2021: beabadoobee - Last Day On Earth
2020: The Anix - Renegade
2019: Rome - Uropia O Morte
2018: Solar Fake - The Pain That Kills You Too

No comments:

Post a Comment