Friday, December 15, 2023

The 2023 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #6

 #6. White Reaper - Pages


Title: Pages
Artist: White Reaper
Album: Asking For A Ride


White Reaper is another returning artist, after landing at #3 back in 2020 with "Real Long Time". All things considered, I think I like "Pages" better, but there are more significant releases in 2023 than there were in 2020. It's a simple song about the end of a relationship and how the protagonist watched everything progress from good to bad to worse. Oddly enough, I didn't care for either of the albums that the two songs were from but they are two absolute bangers and the band is definitely on my radar going forward. "Pages" is just one of those songs that hooks you from the first riff til the last chorus.


Favorite line: "I tore out all the pages, I tore them all out"

 

 


 


 

Last five #6s:

2022: YUNGBLUD - The Funeral
2021: Gang of Youths - the angel of 8th ave.
2020: TRVSS - All The Bugs
2019:  Rammstein - Radio
2018: Turnspit - Walk Away

No comments:

Post a Comment