Wednesday, December 6, 2023

The 2023 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #15

 #15. Brave the Sea - Where I Belong


Title: Where I Belong
Artist: Brave the Sea
Album: Lady Death


There's a 3 song run on Brave the Sea's newest album, Lady Death, that gives a run to any other album this year. It starts with the comedic "Bad Luck", the powerful, punchy "Going Down", and the melodic ballad "Where I Belong". All 3 were in heavy rotation in 2023 for me, and surprisingly it was the latter that cracked the Countdown. It's a mournful number sung by guitar/mandolinist Mattie Toskin that once again proves that the band is more than just a Celtic/Pirate rock group. These guys are one of the best live acts in town and just keep cranking out great recorded material.


Favorite line: "Someday I'll belong, I'll belong right here"

 

 

 
 

Previous five #15s:

2022: Truss - Drown
2021: AFI - Begging for Trouble
2020: The Unlikely Candidates - High Low
2019: Syrian - We Are Stars
2018: Plushgun - Lukewarm

No comments:

Post a Comment