Tuesday, December 5, 2023

The 2023 Jester One Music Top 20 Countdown - #16

 16. VV - Run Away From the Sun


Title: Run Away From The Sun
Artist: VV
Album: Neon Noir


I was never a huge fan of HIM, so I was fascinated to find how much I enjoyed Ville Valo's (VV) solo effort. I could have picked this song or "Echolocate Your Love", the latter which opens the album with a bang. "Run Away From the Sun" has a more mellow feel to it, more of a love ballad than anything else. Something about the somberness of Valo's voice really connected with me. It almost makes me think I should take a deeper look into HIM's catalogue in hindsight. Better late than never, right?



Favorite line: "We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me"


 



 
 
 

Previous five #16s:
 
2022: Silent Planet - Panopticon
2021: PEABOD - Love Everybody (ft Tedashii)
2020: Sir Sly - Material Boy
2019: Blindside - Gravedigger
2018: Good Charlotte - Shadowboxer

No comments:

Post a Comment